How we use data
Our purposes for collecting personal data of individuals are:
- To attend to queries / requests from individuals;
- Provision of services;
- Notifying clients of new developments relevant to them and / or their businesses;
- Any other purposes related to our business activity.
- As per requirements of the regulators and the laws, rules and regulations;
Further, in accordance with the anti-money laundering and Financing of Terrorism laws in Mauritius, AAA must, when establishing business relationships, apply appropriate Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) measures on the business relationship. This includes gathering of original / certified copies of CDD documents such as:
- Contact information, including name, telephone number and email address
- Identity documents
- Proof of address
- Curriculum Vitae
- Source of funds / wealth and relevant supporting documents such as tax returns, bank statements etc.
- Any further personal information as may be necessary
With the growing efforts to improve global tax compliance, personal information such as those listed hereunder shall have to be furnished to AAA:
- Tax account numbers
- Completed and signed declaration forms
Who do we share personal information with?
Personal information about individuals may be shared with:
- Business partners, affiliates, agents, service providers, authorities, Banks, accountants, auditors, lawyers, as may be required for the performance of a contract entered with you;
- Any other third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property and / or safety of AAA, our personnel or others.
Transfer of personal data outside Mauritius
In the performance of our contract with you and / or as per instructions received from you, we may have to transfer personal data outside Mauritius and you shall be deemed to have assessed the potential risk of the transfer and the level of suitable protection afforded by that country
Privacy on our web sites
This policy also applies to any personal information we collect via our website. In addition to personal information you provide to us directly, AAA may also collect personal information from you via its website.
If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers now recognise when a cookie is offered and permit you to opt out of receiving it. If you are not sure whether your browser has this capability, you should check with the software manufacturer or your internet service provider. In most cases, you can refuse a cookie and still fully navigate AAA’s website.
In order to properly manage our website, we may log certain statistics about the users of the sites, for example the users’ domains and browser types. None of this information specifically identifies an individual and it is used solely to ensure that our website is user friendly to visitors.
AAA has in place appropriate security and organisational measures for the prevention of unauthorised access to, the alteration of, the disclosure of, the accidental loss of and the destruction of data in its control. Such security and organisational measures are:
- Physical personal data is secured in a dedicated storage room;
- Soft copies of the personal data are stored on AAA’s secured server and access to the soft copies of the personal data is limited to authorised personnel only.
Period for which we keep your personal data
It is our policy to destroy personal information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to retain it.
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2017 to request access to personal data about you held by us and to have it corrected or deleted (unless we need to keep it for legal or regulatory reasons). You may also object to our use of your personal data. If you wish to access, correct, delete or object to our use of any of your personal data held by us, please contact the following person:
Data Protection Officer
1st Floor, The Exchange,
18 Cybercity, Ebene
We shall inform you within one month upon receipt of your request, whether or not any action has been taken and course of action thereafter.
Effect of Policy
The amended policy will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.
Last Edited 21 August 2018